If your organization uses Salesforce.com, then you already know that Salesforce is a powerful tool that can drive revenue and help your organization to provide a positive customer experience. Where Salesforce falls short is handling all of the files and the documentation that comes with managing:
- Sales & Marketing Documents
Konica Minolta recognizes the need to integrate enterprise content with customer data in Salesforce. Integrating Salesforce with an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) sollutions like OnBase has facilitated the bridging of that gap.
What makes the integration between OnBase ECM and Salesforce such great complementary solutions?
- Salesforce handles data driven workflows very well and OnBase handles document driven workflows really well. These two strengths complement each other. By integrating documents and document-centric workflows handled by OnBase with Salesforce data, productivity and efficiency is maximized across both systems, and Salesforce users will have a more well-rounded perspective of their accounts, cases, leads and contacts.
- Salesforce is not a content management tool. OnBase by Hyland Software is. Salesforce comes up short when managing documents and customer content in Salesforce. Salesforce does offer various ways to upload, files, content and attachments; however, these tools function in very disparate ways. As an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) tool, OnBase handles this content with ease. Integrating OnBase with Salesforce makes use of the best of both platforms.
While Salesforce and OnBase can both operate independently and quite effectively on their own, combine their functionality and it’s a match made in heaven.
What are the benefits of integrating?
- Eliminate switching between screens to find the right information –Users gain instant access to related content stored in OnBase without leaving Salesforce.
- Ease the transition to new software –Because users can access OnBase content directly from Salesforce, training is minimal. User acceptance also increases because staff can access needed content from the familiar applications.
- Reduce manual data entry – OnBase can instantly update your Salesforce as soon as it receives information and, in turn, Salesforce can update the information stored in OnBase.
- Streamline administrative processes associated with filing, storage and retrieval of documents
- Eliminate manual key entry and increase data accuracy
- Increase customer service levels with direct access to documents from Salesforce screens
- Gain visibility into authoring and review processes with automated notifications and escalations
If you would like to learn about implementing an ECM solution to integrate with your Salesforce solution then contact us! We’d be happy to help.